The International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA) is an independent, nonprofit, international cooperative of national research institutions and governmental research agencies. Through its comparative research and assessment projects, IEA aims to:
- Provide international benchmarks that may assist policy-makers in identifying the comparative strength and weaknesses of their educational systems
- Provide high-quality data that will increase policy-makers understanding of key school- and non-school-based factors that influence teaching and learning
- Provide high-quality data which will serve as a resource for identifying areas of concern and action, and for preparing and evaluating educational reforms
- Develop and improve educational systems capacity to engage in national strategies for educational monitoring and improvement
- Contribute to development of the world-wide community of researchers in educational evaluation
Additional information is available at www.iea.nl.